If you’ve ever played with a rabbit-style vibrator, you owe kudos to the one that started it all — the Original Rabbit Habit from Vibratex. Dubbed by Oprah as “the Rolls Royce of sex toys,” the Rabbit Habit has been delivering multiple orgasms since the 80s (and shows no signs of stopping). But is this vibrator icon the best fit for you?
To know for sure, you’ll have to keep reading my complete Rabbit vibrator review! I’ll show you what it’s made of, how it works, and who shouldn’t go another day without it. Let’s get started.
Buy the Original Rabbit Habit now!
Founded in the early 1980s, Vibratex is a California-based manufacturer responsible for some of the world’s most iconic sex toys. Perhaps the most popular among its pleasure products are the Magic Wand Original, and the Original Rabbit Habit. Lucky for me, I’ve thoroughly tested both of them (find my Magic Wand Original review here), but today is all about the Rabbit.
The Original Rabbit Habit from Vibratex blazed the (bunny) trail for so many of the rabbit-style vibrators we enjoy today. When its dual-action design first hit the scene in 1984, toy designers across the globe were inspired by its ability to target the clitoris and G-spot simultaneously. And while there have been many toys made in its image, we’re honing in on the rabbit that launched a million more.
Read on for my full Vibratex Original Rabbit Habit review!
ORIGINAL RABBIT HABIT: QUICK STATS
No time for all the juicy details? Take a moment to peruse the need-to-know basics below. You can also scroll to the end of this review for a list of pros, cons, and expert tips!
- Dual-action vibrator for clitoral & G-spot stimulation
- Made from food-grade vinyl
- AAA battery operated
- Rotating shaft
- Adjustable intensity
- Not waterproof
- Offered in pink and purple
MY ORIGINAL RABBIT HABIT REVIEW: TRIED AND TRUE
First thing’s first. The Original Rabbit Habit is battery operated, which means you have to insert three double-A batteries before you do anything else. And batteries are not included, so be sure to purchase those ahead of time. Once you’re all set up, there’s no need to ever charge this vibrator — it’ll just keep going (and going) until the batteries run out.
So… how does the Rabbit actually work?
Well, it features a dual design wherein the shaft, plastic beads, and rabbit ears work in tandem to provide both internal and external stimulation for people with vaginas. Essentially, the shaft is designed to stimulate your G-spot, the plastic beads massage your vaginal opening (where all those yummy nerve endings are), and — while it may look cute and decorative — the little bunny holds your clit between its ears and vibrates like mad.
Now, for the record, this construction inspired countless brands all over the country to make sex toys that combine clitoral and G-spot stimulation until, eventually, the “Rabbit-style vibrator” became its very own category. So, you’ll notice that lots of toys are designed in a similar way, or have “rabbit” in the title, but it’s worth noting that this is America’s original Rabbit.
Okay, back to the matter at hand.
The Rabbit Habit is made from vinyl (also known as elastomer), which is a non-toxic, food-grade material. Yes, that technically means you could eat it and be okay, but I strongly recommend against it. That said, rest assured it’s safe to put inside your vagina or mouth. Additionally, vinyl toys like this are compatible with both water and silicone-based lubricant (unlike silicone toys which are often damaged by silicone-based lube).
On the base of the Rabbit are two toggles: one that controls the external vibrator, and one that controls the movement of the shaft. And you can control them independently! If you want more intense clit stimulation and less G-spot massaging, just turn the external vibrator all the way up, and lower the shaft toggle until you find what feels right.
The shaft of this toy has a softer density to it, giving it this nice, squishy texture. Some folks say that softer densities feel more similar to a real penis as compared to firmer toys; so if you’re looking for something that mimics the density of a real penis, you might like the feel of this one.
Speaking of which, some of you are sure to be big fans of the Rabbit while others might want to steer clear. So, let’s recap the perks and potential pitfalls to help you decide if the Original Rabbit Habit is the right fit for you.
SHOULD I BUY THE ORIGINAL RABBIT HABIT?
So, what are we loving about the Original Rabbit Habit?
- Dual-Design: The biggest draw, in my opinion, is its dual-action design. You’ve got the shaft swirling around your G-spot, the pearls stimulating your vaginal opening, and bunny ears vibrating your clit all the while. Like I said, this is a tried and true trifecta that has inspired countless sex toy creators to model their toys after this one. So if you’re wondering what all the Rabbit hype is about, you might just want to see for yourself.
- Lube Compatible: This toy is compatible with both silicone and water-based lubes, which just makes life a little easier. For example, if you take the Rabbit to a partner’s house only to discover that their lube is silicone-based, you don’t have to run out and buy some water-based lube to avoid damaging the material.
- Soft Density: Something nice about the shaft of the Rabbit is its soft density. It’s got a squishier, more malleable texture that, for many, is preferable to a shaft that’s not bendy at all. So, the Original Rabbit Habit might particularly appeal to those in search of something a little less firm.
- Adjustable Controls: You can control the internal and external components individually in order to enjoy them together or separately, and at different levels of intensity. This way, you can kind of personalize your toy and switch things up so that no pleasure session is exactly the same.
ORIGINAL RABBIT HABIT COMPLAINTS
Okay, what’s not to love about the Original Rabbit Habit?
- Dimensions & Anatomy: Every body is different and the dimensions of our anatomy are all unique, which means this toy isn’t going to be an exact fit for everyone. For me, the Rabbit ears are a little too high, and I have to sort of press them down toward my clit in order to hit the right spot. So, keep in mind that there’s no guarantee that this toy is going to perfectly line up with your body.
- OG Rabbit: Another thing to consider is that while this is the Original, hundreds of Rabbit-style vibrators have come out since the invention of this one. So if you’re looking for a more modern design, or perhaps something that’s rechargeable instead of battery operated, be sure to peruse our full list of Rabbit vibrators.
Vinyl: One thing I don’t like about the vinyl material this Rabbit is made of is that it attracts lint. Compared to silicone (which is super smooth), vinyl is a bit stickier and picks up airborne dust a little easier.
DELICTO EXPERT TIPS
By now, you’ve probably decided whether or not the OG Rabbit is next up on your shopping list. But before you hop to it, allow me to impart a couple tips that ought to enhance your playtime:
Well that’s it from me! I hope you enjoyed learning all about this legendary sex toy, and that it brings you the blissful blended orgasms you’ve been craving. In the meantime, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and TikTok for more reviews, tutorials, and sex education. You can also drop us a line at email@example.com for a personal recommendation!
How do you clean the Original Rabbit Habit:
To clean the Original Rabbit Habit, all you have to do is spray it with toy cleaner and wipe it down with a warm, damp cloth. Or, if you don’t have a toy cleaner, you can use warm water and mild liquid soap. Just be sure to not get the battery case and controls wet or it could damage the vibrator.
Can the Rabbit vibrator make you squirt?
There's no guarantee that this or any toy will make you squirt, but combining internal and external stimulation can and often does result in a squirting orgasm.
Is the Rabbit good for anal?
Technically, this toy was made for vaginal stimulation only, and doesn’t have the kind of flared base that we look for in anal-safe toys. That said, the external vibrator on this toy sort of serves as a flared base and would prevent it from getting lost inside you.